Thursday, August 18, 2022

Journey through Lent

It seems that St. Paul is a sports fan; particularly fond of races.  But I would wager he would find all our modern "ball" sports to be just as exciting.  Now, I have no intention of playing many of them as my youth seems to have been fleeting and not returning in the near future (dear Lord, how about that glorified body, huh?).  I do enjoy watching, especially football (not soccer, sorry).  The skills involved are rather daunting and when I allow myself to think of actually participating I realize that there are multiple skills and abilities constantly in demand.  The most important (in any ball game) seems to be keeping track of two things at once: the ball and the ultimate goal.  Meanwhile there are those other pesky players, a field of play, and rules to observe.

No comments: