Sunday, July 24, 2011

Moving has it's drawbacks

Dear world,
   It has been a while since I last wrote, but do not think I have forgotten you.  In the last several months many changes have happened.  The all began when I was privileged to be elected to our Provincial Chapter, the gathering of brethren throughout our Western Dominican Province to elect a new Provincial (major superior), enact legislation as needed, and make appointments to various offices in the province.
  It would be good to check out the opwest.org website for the results of many of these appointments, but the one that had the greatest effect on me and the RG&PRR was my appointment to the directorship of the Province website.  With that appointment I became responsible for a great deal of internet activity, beyond the website itself.  It thus seemed wise to move me to a more central location in the province.  I am now living at our house of studies (home of friars beginning their process of formation and education as Dominicans), St. Albert Priory in Oakland, California.  The railroad had to depart with me.
  Fortunately it was in sections, and not completed in any sense of that word.  Here are the "modules" as they were reconstituted in the attic of St. Albert.
As you can see, the track is still in place, but the "modules" are not put together.

The area in the attic is substantial.  I have access to about 28 linear feet of space.
If you look, you will see extra wood and other material on the floor.  They are the pieces that either were not needed or I could not figure out right away where they belonged.  Fortunately the wonderful crew that dismantled the layout marked the pieces very well.  They went back together very quickly.  In the next post I will show you what became of the modules and the plans for the future.  Right now I need to get ready for evening prayer and dinner.

Blessings to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! More photos now!